SUPERNAIT 3 Integrated Amplifier
In the six years since the last NAIT integrated amplifiers were released, our research and development team have worked on a range of amplifier improvements. The result is upgraded power amplifier sections for SUPERNAIT 3, delivering greater pace and intimacy to their musical delivery – whether it's driving a pair of loudspeakers or your favourite pair of headphones.
SUPERNAIT 3 has received significant performance upgrades, including a built-in phono stage, making it a perfect partner for turntables, as well as for streamers, CD players, or any other music source people want to enjoy with the signature Naim sound.
It also includes a Class A preamp output stage which doubles as a headphone amplifier and ceramic heatsink technology that minimises capacitive coupling between the chassis and output transistors for optimum sound quality.
Its inputs are each individually decoupled and hand-wired to minimise noise and interference while internal switching employs ultra-low-noise, constant current sources which are derived directly from the electronic design of the flagship NAC 552 preamplifier.
The SUPERNAIT 3 can be upgraded with our external power supplies, power amplifiers and even cabling upgrades to get the best from all sources.
With our typical obsessive attention to detail – all in service of achieving the most authentic musical performance – the SUPERNAIT 3 benefits from the following features:
- Class A headphone amplification
- Alps Blue Velvet volume control
- Reed relay input selection
- Ceramic insulators for the power transistors
- Galvanically isolated microprocessor control section
- Microphonic-isolating PCB mounts
Step up from the NAIT XS3 to the SUPERNAIT 3 and you benefit from a range of superior features, all designed to deliver even better sound quality:
- Full 24V DR module built-in: enjoy the purer power and performance improvement of Naim’s Discrete Regulation technology for the entire pre-amp stage.
- Larger toroidal transformer in the power supply: provides greater power and speed of recovery
- Additional leaded through-hole components in the signal path: further minimises negative effects of vibration and transient thermal conditions
- Chassis-mounted input sockets hand-wired to the circuit boards: offers enhanced vibration isolation
- Full Alps Blue Velvet balance control
- Audio Inputs
- MM Phono Input：via RCA, 47k parallel 470pF input impedance, suitable for 5mV cartridges
- Line Level Inputs：130mV sensitivity, 47k input impedance, suitable for 2V
- Power Amp In：DIN Socket
- Powered Accessory Sockets：+24V for Naim phono amplifier
- Speaker Outputs：80W per channel into 8 ohms (4mm sockets), 130W per channel into 4 ohms
- Line Outputs Variable (level)：Pre-amp (DIN), Bi-amp (DIN), Sub (RCA pair) 775mV, <50 ohms
- Line Outputs Fixed (level)：AV (DIN), Stream (DIN) 130mV, 600 ohms
- Headphone Output：1/4 inch (6.35mm) TRS Socket
- Connectivity Updates：1 x USB mini-B
- Remote Input：1 x 3.5mm jack on rear
- Shipping Dimensions：240 x 590 x 500 mm
- Weight：14 kg
- Dimensions (HxWxD)：87 x 432 x 314 mm