Stellar Phono Preamplifier
PS Audio’s first product was a phono preamplifier that took the Hi-Fi world by storm in 1975. Its designers, Paul and Stan, labored for years over every circuit detail with one goal in mind—making musical magic. Stellar Phono shares that same ethos.
Based on a unique all discrete FET topology, Stellar Phono stands out in a crowded field of conventional IC designs. Its sound is rich, warm and enticing as only vinyl through hand-tuned class-A circuitry can be.
Stellar Phono is a triumph of performance and value that you’ll instantly recognize from that first needle drop, as music emerges from a velvet blackness, filling the room as if there were no speakers.
- Moving Magnet and Moving Coil preamplifier
- Fixed and variable cartridge loading adjustable from remote control
- Up to 70dB of ultra low noise gain for MC cartridges as low as 0.15mv
- Two inputs for two tonearms selectable from remote control
- Single ended and balanced outputs
- All discrete FET design
- Class A analog circuitry throughout
- No ICs in signal path
- Up to 20V rms output for unparaleled headroom and dynamics
- Passive RIAA curve for seamless performance
- Hand selected premium discrete components
- DC coupled from input to output for unfettered bass
- Ultra low noise discrete pre and post voltage regulation stages
- Low internal feedback for increased transparency and openness
- No complimentary FET transistors for lifelike performance
- High current oversized power transformer
- Remote control
- Front panel standby button