PROAC Response DT8
|威達影音頻道 (Radar Audio YouTube Channel)|
|新音響 (New Audiophile) No.216|
||影音极品 (Super AV) Vol.299|
|視听前綫 (Sound & Vision Panorama) Nov 2017|
ProAc invests a great deal of time researching the choice of diaphragm material for their drive units because this is the most important component, transferring cone movement into sound. Some materials excel at certain frequencies and therefore it would prove logical to use more than one type of drive unit material to cover all frequencies. Additionally, all production parts from the chassis through to the magnet system, spider and voice coil are painstakingly selected.
The latest ProAc floor standing design, the new Response DT8, incorporates these design parameters for the first time in a ProAc two-way design. Utilising 2 x 6.5 inch drivers, the pulp mica cone unit delivers exceptional bass performance in a ported cabinet with the bass loaded via side vents and the polypropylene unit gives a smooth, detailed and uncoloured midrange. Both drivers work in tandem resulting in a well extended low frequency response and ProAc's signature natural sounding midrange quality and pinpoint imagery. These frequency ranges are then cleverly overlapped by a new, Stewart Tyler designed, crossover which seamlessly integrates ProAc's proven 1 inch soft dome tweeter, offset on the front baffle, and placed between the 2 drivers.
Some other manufacturers frequently use the same drive unit cone material in each of the models in their range. ProAc has taken a different approach and has previously used carbon fibre, kevlar, pulp and polypropylene. However this is the first time we have used two different types of unit in a two-way design.
The new Response DT8 now takes its place in the ProAc range as our entry level floor standing design. We believe that this innovative new loudspeaker will create new interest in the mixing and matching of drive unit cone materials to effectively cover all types of music.
- Nominal Impedance：4 ohms
- Recommended Amplifiers：20 to 180 watts
- Frequency Response：28Hz to 30kHz
- Sensitivity：90 db linear for 1 watt at 1 metre
- Bass/Midrange：2 x 6.5" (165mm) bass/ mid units. One driver with pulpmica cone and open weave dust cap and one driver with polypropylene cone with soft polypropylene dust cap. Both units working in tandem.
- Tweeter：ProAc 1" (25mm) silk dome tweeter
- Crossover：Specially designed crossover to accommodate two different types of bass/ mid cones. Glass fibre board with finest components using multistrand copper wire designed for use with both Biamping and Bi-wiring.
- Height: 38.5" (978mm) (on spikes),
- Width: 7.6" (193mm),
- Depth: 9" (229mm)
- Weight：55lbs (26Kgs) each
- Mode：Floor Standing
- Grille：Acoustically transparent crimplene
- Standard Finishes：Black Ash, Mahogany, Cherry, Maple and Oak
- Premium Finishes：Rosewood, Ebony.
*Premium Finishes to order at extra cost*