|HiFi 音響 (HiFi Review) No.396|
The K series range of speakers are called so because of the use of Kevlar in the construction of the drive units. So far we have only used Kevlar and Carbon Fibre for bass and lower midrange reproduction in large enclosures. These cones have a light, stiff quality, the Kevlar has more warmth making excellent bass transients and extension. Cone material is something that ProAc have been developing over the last fifteen years with an emphasis on Carbon fibre and Kevlar. A new Kevlar cone was developed which would work into the midrange far better than previous Carbon fibre or Kevlar cones, this also has the added benefit of a phase plug giving better detail and dispersion.
The new Kevlar drive unit was developed for the K3 and has excellent weight to the bass as well as good extension with a detailed and uncoloured midrange. This new Kevlar unit would go into a new speaker called the K3, two of these units are used with our ribbon tweeter placed centrally in our K constructed cabinet. A high quality crossover was specially designed for the K3 to seamlessly mate with the ribbon tweeter and this new crossover uses high quality components split for bi-amping and bi-wiring and connected directly to the terminals.
As far as sound quality goes the K3 has a wonderfully electrostatic type of midrange very clear and detailed, with a dynamic bass response.
We are sure the K3 will give customers who desire music from full orchestral to loud rock the desired results with ease.
- Nominal Impedance：4 ohms
- Recommended Amplifiers：10-250W
- Frequency Response：25Hz-30KHz
- Sensitivity：89 dB linear for 1 watt at 1 metre
- Bass/Midrange：2x 6.5 special bass/midrange drive unit with Kevlar cone and phase plug.
- Tweeter：ProAc ribbon with diaphragm as light as a human hair, alnico magnet and rear chamber damping.
- Crossover：Finest components on dedicated dual layer circuit board. ProAc multistrand oxygen free copper cable throughout. Split for optional Bi Wiring or Bi Amplification.
- Cabinet Height: 42 1/4 inches (1073mm)
- Width: 8.5 inches (215mm)
- Depth: 13.5 inches (340mm)
- Weight：42kgs (93.5lbs) each cabinet (not packed) total packed weight per pair 88Kg (194lbs)
- Mode：Floor standing
- Grille：Acoustically transparent crimplene
- Standard Finishes：Black Ash, Mahogany, Cherry, Oak, Silk White, Natural Oak and Walnut
- Premium Finishes：Rosewood, Ebony.
*Premium Finishes to order at extra cost*