DirectStream Memory Player
|發燒音響 (Audiophile) Aug 2016|
In 2009, the high-end audio world was shaken with the introduction of the world’s first high resolution memory player, the PerfectWave Transport. Nearly eight years later PS Audio engineering has taken another giant leap forward with the introduction of the PWT’s replacement, the DirectStream Memory Player, the last transport you’ll ever need.
DMP is a universal transport, capable of playing multiple types of optical discs including, DVD-Audio, AVCHD, SACD, HRx, CD, CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW, DVD±R DL, BD-R/RE, as well as stored data through its USB digital input.
CD performance of DMP has been enhanced to a degree once thought unobtainable, narrowing the gap between Red Book CD reproduction and high resolution PCM and DSD. Played through DMP, ordinary CDs take on new life, with improved dimensionality, soundstage width and depth, improved dynamics (both micro and macro), increased low level harmonic information, and richer tonal balance.
Plus, hear SACD for the first time
The protected DSD layer of SACD has long been available only through D/A converters built in to players and a few receivers and surround processors. These internal D/A processors, while adequate, were never capable of playing back stored music at the quality and performance levels enjoyed by mastering engineers. Now, with the introduction of PS Audio’s revolutionary new memory player, DMP, owners of our DirectStream series of DACs can uncover all that they have been missing. Based on a proprietary handshake protocol between DMP and PS Audio DACs, through our advanced I²S interface, pure DSD is streamed to, and processed in, the same reference quality DAC used by mastering engineers.
- New life to Red Book CD
- Cover art and song titles
- SACD extraction
- I2S through HDMI output
- Powerful analog discrete power supply
- Playback of stored data
- Unit Weight：22 lbs [9.97 kg]
- Unit Dimensions：14” x 17” x 4” [36cm x 43cm x 10cm]
- Input sources：
- I2S(2), Coax, XLR Balanced, TOSLINK, USB, Network Bridge slot
- Optical discs：
- CD Standard Digital Audio
- CD-R/RW CD Data Discs with audio files
- HDCD High Definition CDs
- SACD Super Audio CD Stereo or Multi-Channel
- DVD-R/RW DVD Data Discs with audio files
- USB Drive：USB Flash Drive with audio files
- File Format：
- I2S：3 (Front, Rear, Center/Sub)
- Connector：HDMI Type A (Uses HDMI connector but not compatible with HDMI inputs)，PCM output 44.1KHz to 192KHz，DSD output 2.8MHz
- Coax：3 (Front, Rear, Center/Sub)
- Connector：RCA，PCM output 44.1KHz to 192KHz，DSD output DSD over PCM 2.8MHz (176.4KHz)
- Balanced：1 (Front only)
- Connector：XLR Male，PCM output 44.1KHz to 192KHz，DSD output DSD over PCM 2.8MHz (176.4KHz)