Brio MK 3 Integrated Amplifier
|威達影音頻道 (Radar Audio YouTube Channel)|
|音响技術 (Audiotechnique) No.479 Aug 2021|
The Brio has a completely new case to house its improved circuits and parts. It now sits in a fully aluminium two-part case which boosts the Brio’s heat sinking capabilities and improves on Rega’s already solid build quality and reliability. The new Brio has a cleverly integrated headphone socket specially designed to avoid interference with the audio circuit when not in use and as you would expect, a very high specification moving magnet phono stage is built in as standard.
Throughout the design process the Brio has been meticulously improved in every aspect, from the quality of materials to the manufacturing process, to make this new Brio a step ahead in Rega’s engineering and design for amplifiers.
Brand new case design
The sleek and minimal look was designed to bring elegance to Rega’s classic style but still harks back to the swooped features hidden away in Rega’s past amplifiers. Combining all these aspects makes this Brio case a unique standpoint amongst the competition.
Key improvements have been made to the circuits. The PCB layout has been fully upgraded to handle higher specifications for all critical parts. A second raw power supply has been added to provide further isolation between output stage and the driver stage/line and phono amplifiers. This improves the isolation between high and low level signal stages of the amplifier. Higher specification MUSES operational amplifiers have been used in the line and phono amplifier.
For convenience, the Brio has the capability to drive standard hi-fi headphones from the internal amplifier. Adding a headphone socket was only possible by finding a way to reduce its impact on the main signal path so it doesn’t disrupt the overall sound quality. We have paid special attention to the switch that deactivates the main speakers.
- Input sensitivities for rated output level:
- Input 1 (phono) input sensitivity = 2.1mV at 47KΩ in parallel with 220pF.
- Input 2-5 (line) input sensitivity = 210mV at 47kΩ
- Power outputs: 50 Watts (8Ω loading)，73 Watts (4Ω Loading)
- Headphone output:
- No load = 8V，32Ω = 1.8V，54Ω = 2.6V，300Ω = 5.9V
- Source impedance = 109Ω
- Record output level:
- Record output level (with rated input levels) = 210Mv.
- Record output impedance = 470Ω
- Frequency response:
- Phono 15Hz to 40KHz (-3dB Points) / 27Hz to 20.5KHz (-1dB Points)
- RIAA accuracy (100Hz to 10KHz) ± 0.4dB typically better than ± 0.3dB
- Line 12Hz (-1dB points) to 43KHz (-3dB points)
- Dimensions: 345mm (D) -inc volume control x 216mm (W) x 78mm (H)
- Weight: 5.1kg