Andros Téssera Phono Stage
|威達影音頻道 (Radar Audio YouTube Channel)|
What is Téssera?
Téssera means 4 in Greek. This newest product from Zesto Audio is aptly named as it is designed to work with up to 4 different tonearms or turntables. Andros is a Greek island and the home of George’s grandmother’s family.
George Counnas, President and Design Engineer for Zesto Audio says, “There are so many great specialized phono cartridges available today, I wanted to design a phonostage that was easy to use, while providing the necessary inputs to accommodate multiple tonearms and be able to save the settings when you switch between channels.”
Building on the success of Zesto’s original Andros Phonostage, George wanted to take it further, not only sonically but with more features resulting in a quieter, fuller and more dynamic sound.
What’s the Most Requested New Feature?
True floating balanced outputs. These high quality transformer balanced outputs are driven by dedicated output tubes.
The Andros Téssera is built with a passion for Analog, designed with 100% tube circuitry and no solid state devices anywhere in the signal path, as well as all the switching is done with reed relays. This phonostage has a new circuit design that is partnered with significantly upgraded larger MC step-up transformers to capture the most delicate signals in the grooves.
- Two completely independent dual mono channels, with LED indicators for A and B
- Accommodates 4 tonearms, 1 MM and 1 MC per channel
- All settings are saved when you switch between channels
- Dual chassis with external power supply
- 3 meter umbilical cable incorporating special RFI suppression to provide lower black levels
- Dedicated high quality output transformers drivin by output tubes
- True floating ground, transformer balanced XLR inputs and outputs
- 12 position MC load per channel with more finessed adjustable options like 1000, 800, 700, 500, 400, 350, 300, 250, 200, 150, 100, 50 Ohms
- Easily adjustable MC “Load on the fly” without klicks or pops so you can hear the change
- 100% tube circuitry in the signal path without any solid state devices
- All switching is done with relays
- Ground lift switches are on each channel to prevent noisy ground loops
- All the RCA and XLR connectors are Gold plated for better conductance and lower corrosion
- All switches and knobs are easily accessible, nothing hidden inside to adjust
- Recessed RCA connectors are durable and will hold up to the typical - Audiophile who loves to change their configuration
- Elegantly designed 16 gauge steel enclosure to help isolate the electronic “chatter” from nearby equipment
- Each unit is hand built “Made in the USA”
- 50 hour factory burn in on all circuits and vacuum tubes