Andros Deluxe Phono Stage
The Andros Deluxe Phonostage is created from taking the very best attributes from both the Andros 1.2 Phonostage and the Andros Tessera Phonostage while maintaining its own unique sonic personality. We wanted the same footprint as the Andros 1.2 and many of the internal features of the Tessera.
A unique feature of the Andros Deluxe is the use of the 12DW7 tubes in the output circuit. The 12DW7 tube is half a 12AX7 and half a 12AU7. We use the 12AU7 half to drive the output transformers because it is high current and low noise, thus allowing for the most frequently requested feature, a true floating ground balanced output.
It’s Quiet, Really!
The extensive grounding scheme, the circuit design and steel enclosure all play a significant role in the noise reduction of the phonostage, so you can hear the quietest passages in your music.
The heart of the design is the new main circuit incorporating the same large beefy MC step-up transformers as the Tèssera, as well as an entirely new output circuit to drive the balanced output transformers. The Andros Deluxe is built with a passion for Analog, designed with 100% tube circuitry and no solid state devices anywhere in the signal path.
Andros is a Greek island and the home of George’s grandmother’s family. Andros is now the name of the Zesto phonostage family.
- The high quality built in MC step-up transformers are designed for better phase linearity. - They are also large enough to accommodate all the extra windings and the Mu-metal shielding that reduces noise. This translates to better stereo imaging.
- Independent ground switches affect both the MC-XLR and the MC-RCA inputs and reduce or eliminate hum by breaking those pesky ground loops.
- Balanced transformers reduce noise in two ways, by providing a true differential signal and allowing the ground to float, making the noise level very low.
- The MM-RCA connectors are always grounded to reduce noise from your cartridge.
- The dedicated output transformers are driven by the 12DW7 output tubes providing an accurate balanced signal to your preamp.
- The output RCA connectors have a floating ground and the XLR are grounded to reduce ground loops.
- The tube compliment is a pair of gold pin, high gain, low noise 12AX7’s and a pair of gold pin, high current, low noise 12DW7’s.
- Dual mono circuit which creates better stereo separation.
- A low Noise level of -80 dBv below maximum output allows the quietest passages of you music to be heard.
- 10 position MC load 1000, 800, 700, 600, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100, 50 Ohms so you can dial in the best match for your cartridge.
- Easily adjustable MC “Load on the fly” without klicks or pops so you can hear the change.
- The gain switch applies to both MC and MM inputs, to better match your cartridges.
- 100% Analog tube circuitry without any solid state devices in the signal path, because tubes are inherently more musical.
- All the RCA and XLR connectors are Gold plated for better conductance and lower corrosion.
- Recessed RCA connectors are durable and will hold up to the typical Audiophile who loves to change their configuration.
- All switches and knobs are easily accessible, nothing hidden inside to adjust.
- Each unit is hand built “Made in the USA”
- 50 hour factory burn in on all circuits and vacuum tubes
- Elegantly designed 16 gauge steel enclosure to help isolate the electronic “chatter” from nearby equipment