The Triton Five is a larger version of the Award Winning Triton Seven, with greater dynamic range and even deeper bass extension, plus important refinements carried over from the Triton One development program. As with all of our Triton Towers, the Triton Five’s high-resolution sonic performance makes it ideal for use in two channel systems of the highest quality, as well as complete multi-channel surround music and home theater systems.
The Five’s unique cabinet shape is both acoustically purposeful as well as strikingly attractive. Its narrow front baffle and stylish rearward rake, in conjunction with the complex crossover, both aligns the driver array precisely for a coherent wave-launch directed at ear level at the listening position, as well as results in non-parallel front and rear baffles for better control of internal standing waves. And, the non-parallel side cabinet walls and slanted top provide the same acoustical performance benefit.
A D’Appolito array of two newly developed 6" long-throw midrange/bass drivers surround the same High Velocity Folded Ribbon Tweeter (HVFR™) used in all the Triton Towers. The Five incorporates FOUR side-mounted, opposing, inertially-balanced planar sub-bass radiators, located on either side of the cabinet down near the floor for optimum coupling to the room. And the Fives will deliver exceptional performance with moderately priced receivers, while also allowing you to appreciate the subtle qualities of the world’s finest audio components.
- Dimensions: Speaker: 6-5/8˝ W (front) x 8-1/8˝ W (rear) x 12-3/8˝ D x 44-1/4˝ H (height with base installed, no feet/spikes). Base: 11˝ W x 16-1/2˝ D.
- Frequency Response: 26 Hz – 35 kHz.
- Efficiency: 90 dB.
- Nominal Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms.
- Driver Complement: Two 6˝ high-definition cast-basket bass/midrange drivers coupled to Four 8˝ planar sub-bass radiators, One High-Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR™) Tweeter.
- Rec. Amp: 15 – 400 watt/channel.