NAC 202 Preamplifier
The NAC 202 is the next step up from our entry-level NAC 152 XS, adding star-earthed circuit boards for superior transparency and an even lower resonance circuit layout. It provides for a wide range of expansion and upgrade options, including connection to a StageLine phonostage and an AV bypass connection to an external AV amplifier.
Technology & Craft
The NAC 202 introduced a new level of technical and musical performance to our range of preamplifiers, along with elegant new styling.
Low-resonance circuit boards and anti-vibration, resonance controlling feet minimise the effect of microphonic vibration on the highly sensitive electronic components while carefully matched precision rotary potentiometers with precious metal wipers are used to preserve musical integrity and ensure long-term stability. The intelligent balance control combines a high quality motorised potentiometer for the best performance with intelligent circuitry to indicate the centre position.
The NAC 202 also features a silent microprocessor that sleeps during listening and controls all aspects of the amplifier including: protection circuits that continuously monitor the power supplies ensuring safe shut down in the event of a power cut; user-configurable RC5 input and Smart IR system for remote control integration of Naim Audio products.
- Support for both DIN and RCA inputs to ease connection into a wider range of systems
- User configurable unity-gain AV input
- Powered input for use with StageLine or Prefix phono stage
- RC5 input and Smart IR system for remote control integration of Naim Audio products
- Optional RS232 input/output for use in full home automation systems
- Can be powered from the preamp inputs of the NAP 155 XS or NAP 200 power amplifier or external power supply (see Upgrade Path)
- Audio Inputs
- AV input configurable for unity gain
- Input Impedance：47kΩ
- Analogue Input：4 x DIN, 2 x RCA
- Input Sensitivity：75mV
- Line Outputs Variable (level)：775mV
- Line Outputs Fixed (level)：75mV, 600Ω
- Load Impedance：10kΩ (min.)
- Output Impedance：<50Ω
- Analogue：2 x variable (DIN), 3 x line level
- Power Outputs ：Naim phono amplifier
- Weight：7.0 kg
- Dimensions (HxWxD)：87 x 432 x 314 mm
- Power Supply Options：NAP 155 XS, NAP 200, FlatCap XS, HiCap, SuperCap
- Supply Voltage：24V
- Supplied with：NARCOM-4 Remote Control
- Upgrades Power Supply：1 x Hi-Cap/SuperCap, NAPSC