HE-150/150M MOSFET Power Amplifier
Ultra Linear High Current Circuitry MOSFET ZERO feedback design
Designed over a lifetime and Hand-Made by Peter Ledermann
The HE-150 amplifier's design is the result of nearly 40 years of research in solid state amplifiers with the goal of building the most transparent and most reliable design possible.
Years of investigation into why most solid state amplifiers cause listening fatigue and often cannot be listened to at all power levels has yielded tremendous results - a highly linearized, Zero Feedback lateral MOSFET amplifier ~one that has been called the most fatigue free sounding, tube like circuit ever made.
Although it has the warmth associated with tube designs, it also has (unlike tubes) ultra low distortion and is free of the colorations that tube amplifiers cannot avoid. Being solid state, it does not degrade over the years requiring constant expensive feeding of new tubes and other components due to heat damage.
It is unique in the industry, and always solicits comments about how it "disappears".....after all, an amplifier should not get in the way or be noticed.... except for its absence in interfering with your listening.
- Power requirements: 115 V+/- 10%, 50 - 60 Hz, or 230V +/- 10%, 50-60 Hz
- Power consumption: 50 - 770 W
- Dimensions: Width: 15.75” Depth: 17” Height: 4” Weight: 46 lbs
- Continuous Average Power Output (per/ch): 8 ohms, 20 - 20,000 Hz 200 watts,
- THD < 0.021 %, @190 W/channel
- Frequency range: +0/- 0.1 dB, 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Output Impedance (20 - 20,000 Hz): typical 0.04 ohms
- Wideband Damping Factor: typical 200
- SMPTE Intermodulation Distortion: typical 0.05 % IHF Intermodulation Distortion:typical 0.05 %
- Slew Rate: 250 V/µS
- Channel Separation: > 75 dB
- Continuous Average Power Output into 4 ohms (per/ch): 225 W
- Frequency range @ 1 Watt: +0/- 0.2dB, 0.1 Hz -1.5 MHz Sensitivity (1 W/8 ohms/1 kHz):800 mV
- A-weighted Signal-to-Noise ratio: (Ref. 1 W/8 ohms) 99 dB Minimum
- Pulse power: 1250 W in 0.5 ohms